Extended Solutions Catalog – Part 3
Blog by Doug Deane
Extended Solutions Catalog – Part 3
In Parts 1 and 2 of this blog entry, I chronicled some of the difficulties we’ve faced in bringing the Extended Solutions titles up to version 4.4 of MAS90, and how we’ll be doing it. In this installment of the Extended Solutions blog, I’d like to tell you why you should consider DSD for your ES Catalog needs.
Other developers in the Sage MAS90 channel have announced their intention to provide Extended Solutions titles at the 4.4 level to the MAS90 channel, and every other licensed developer in the channel has access to source code for all of the ES titles. If you already have a strong relationship with a developer, then you should ask them if they feel comfortable upgrading the ES titles for your end-users. If not, DSD will be able to provide those titles at a low cost, in a timely way, and at the highest level of reliability.
Here are some of the reasons you should consider using DSD:
- DSD has been designated as an Extended Solutions Preferred Provider by Sage.
- DSD has been a Sage MAS 90/200 Developer since 1989, when the first developers were certified by Sage. We have over a century of experience on our programming team, and we have contributed heavily to the MAS90 developer’s program and associated standards. Many MAS90 developers use DSD’s development tools to facilitate their MAS90/200 development work. DSD Business Systems is a Sage Gold Development Partner.
- Before the demise of the ES Catalog, DSD already had its own versions of many of the most popular Extended Solutions titles, such as Multi-Company, Multi-Currency, Magnetic Media, etc. We are experts on these titles, and rather than simply taking the ES programs and upgrading them, we have merged the ES functionality with our own enhancements. This makes many new features available to current ES end-users as well as our own.
- All DSD development is done in-house. We do not use offshore developers. We are dedicated to the success of our community, our region, and our nation, and we cannot rationalize using offshore programmers for that reason. See my blog on “Offshoring” for my take on this subject.
- DSD would never solicit business directly from one of our resellers’ end-users. Our reseller’s relationship with their end-user is one of our highest priorities. We’re here to make you look good, not to steal your business.
- All DSD products go through a rigorous QA process. We are known in the industry for the reliability of our products, for fixing them on an urgent basis when a bug is reported, and for the quality of our support.
- All DSD products are available for immediate download from the DSD website, and most may be unlocked in DEMO mode.
- DSD publishes and sells many of the most commonly-used enhancements in the MAS90 world. If you purchase ES titles from another developer, we cannot guarantee that the other developer’s products will work properly with any of our popular and widely-used enhancements.
Nobody is poised to do a better job in meeting your ES Catalog needs, than DSD Business Systems. We hope that you’ll consider these points before you make a purchase decision. Join our VP of Engineering at Insights for DSD’s special session on the ES Catalog. That session is designated as GEN74 and you can register for it by following these instructions:
- Log in to the Insights Registration Website by clicking on: Insights Session Registration
- Search “By Session Code Only”.
- Select session code: GEN74.
Doug Deane is President of DSD Business Systems, a national provider of on-demand (cloud) and on-premises ERP and CRM software, specializing in wholesale distribution, manufacturing, warehouse management, inventory, business intelligence and eCommerce software. DSD offers Sage 100 (formerly MAS 90), Sage 300 (formerly Accpac), Sage 500 (formerly MAS 500), NetSuite, Sage FAS, Sage HRMS (formerly Abra), Sage CRM, Sage SalesLogix, Extended Solutions, and Custom Programming.