Session Highlights – Sage 100: Customizer
One of the most instructional and informative sessions at the recently concluded Sage Summit 2016 was Sage 100: Customizer. This session was led by Steve Malgren, Sr. Director of Engineering at Sage, and Elliott Pritchard, Principal Architect at Sage Software. This session was a great beginner course for users and consultants who may not be familiar with the features of Sage 100 Customizer and provided a plethora of information for everyone who attended.
In the session, Steve and Elliott provided attendees with an overview of Customizer. Customizer allows Sage 100 users to:
- Adapt Sage 100 to fit your business and workflows
- Modify Screens, data (user-defined fields and tables) and logic (with user-defined scripts)
- Create changes that are user or company code specific
Some of the features available with Sage 100 Customizer include:
- Add your own user-defined fields to the screen or fields that Sage does not include
- Create buttons to pop-up new windows or to invoke user-defined scripts
- Create new panels for additional screen real estate
- Add your own user-defined fields to almost any table in framework modules and main entities in legacy modules (i.e. Payroll)
- Add your own user-defined tables to the framework modules
- Flow your user-defined field data through the system
- Item UDF -> Sales Order UDF -> Invoice UDF -> Invoice & Order History UDF
- Add your own fields on reports and forms, even filter reports by your user-defined fields
In this session Steve and Elliott also reviewed additional areas in Customizer such as Advanced Field Settings and User-Defined Scripting. A handout was also provided with added information and reference for the Sage 100 Customizer Module.
Many who attended this session at Sage Summit 2016 found it immensely valuable and a great learning experience.
Nicole Ronchetti, Product specialist at DSD Business Systems